Rocker is one of the fastest growing start-ups in Sweden and our goal is to build the next generation banking experience. We are in an exciting expansion phase with a steep growth curve and believe that the best is yet ahead of us.
As a Scala developer at Rocker, you will have the opportunity to help us shape the way we build our backend systems and scale it to hundreds of thousands of users.
We’re looking for someone with a strong technical foundation who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You should enjoy working closely with designers, product managers, and frontend engineers to deliver a world-class product.
What you’ll do:
- Work with cutting-edge technology like ZIO, Cats, Kafka, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Evolve our tech stack. We mainly use ZIO but we have a few legacy services written in Akka that we're looking to migrate
- Functional programming
- Design, build, and maintain APIs
- Think through and help plan systems and services while writing quality code
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment involving different stakeholders and an evolving family of products and services
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Professional experience building software and systems. We don’t care much about what programming languages you know, as long as you have a strong interest in learning and working with Scala
- An ability to quickly understand and learn new systems and processes
- An ability to lead, execute, and deliver high-quality technical solutions
It’s a plus if you:
- Have code you can share in Bitbucket or on GitHub, we would love to see what you have been working on
- Our tech stack includes Google Cloud Platform, Kafka, Kubernetes, and Docker, so an understanding of how those work will be beneficial
Rocker is a remote-first company where you can work remotely from any timezone within 2 hours of CET, or from our office in Stockholm.